Monday, August 1, 2011

learning experience.

Well, I'm officially one week away from a completely new life, or actually it's less than one week away. Crazy. I have already began reminiscing over my whole life thus far, feeling as though its slipping away and will never come back, although thats not the case.

In this time of me looking back on the past, I have begun to see how much of an adventurous journey I have had. I feel like I have almost been through it all. I've hit some pretty high highs, and have sunk to some extremely low lows. At the same time of going through a lot, I learned a lot.

I've learned that other people are beautiful, and they can inspire you in ways you could never imagine or fathom. I've learned so much about myself from others, much more than I could ever do living in this world alone. I've learned the beauty of grace and faith. I've learned to be passionate. I've learned that some relationships can be stupid. I've learned that some relationships can change your life forever. I've learned that on what seem like perfect days, everything can go wrong.  And I've learned that you have to move on in order to discover who you are.

Life is obviously very meaningful, but do we fully understand all of its meaning. Of course not! Our future could change in this very instant. How crazy is that? But through this I have learned something else very important. I have learned that as scary as our future may seem, God has a plan. A plan so awesome that we most likely could not even begin to think of what it might be. Our God is so big and so great and so ALL KNOWING. He knows every highest high and every lowest low I will have this year as my life changes completely.

Life isn't meant to be comfortable. If it was comfortable, then we wouldn't learn. And God created us to learn. So ready or not, I am going off in a week (or less, as I have stated before) and I could not be more uncomfortable, but at the same time be so excited to learn about people, myself, and my God. It may be bumpy, but I'll make it through, learning something beautiful in the meantime.