Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Beautiful Disaster

Yo. Okay guys, I seriously was gonna think of something either super artsy or super funny to blog about, but I didn't really think of either. So sorry for being super emotionally annoying, again. This girl apparently has gotten super emotional since I left for college, I don't know. It's funny how change itself, can change you. Anyways, I just had a little tid bit to say.

I find it interesting how some people can beautifully display something thats, well, not so beautiful. I guess it would be referred to as a beautiful disaster. (Okay I lied, this is going to be a little artsy guys, I know you're excited.)

I'll start by saying again that I am obsessed with youtube covers. Literally obsessed. Well, a lot of my fave youtube coverists have been covering the song "Pumped Up Kicks" by Foster the People. Today, while listening to one of the covers, I read a comment that someone said and I came to a realization. The comment said, "

"Does anyone actually know what this song is about? Lots of people 
are listening to it and they seem to think it's some fun, light-hearted 
song... when in fact it's about a boy who was abused by his father 
and bullied at his high school by the 'cool' kids with their 'pumped up 
kicks' and is thinking about going on a high school shooting"

Okay so, woah. Isn't it crazy how such a catchy song can send such a deep, disturbing message. I'm actually a sucker for lyrics, but somehow these slipped right past me. Sometimes peoples struggles can be hidden by something else in their life, but that doesn't mean it's not there. Just like the song, you can be distracted by its tune, but when you really listen, it can be filled with so much more depth. So be careful and observant. If i've learned anything while in college, i've learned to be observant. You can learn something completely new about someone from observing them, rather than having an hour long conversation with them. So learn to listen, even when all looks good, we all struggle.

Girl Crush.
Old school with Savannah Outen. Classic.