Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Fake Break.

Yo people. So, right now I definitely should be writing an 8 page paper that's due tomorrow (sorry mom) instead I'm blogging. It's okay though because me and my rooms decided to be all BA and pull an all nighter in the library tonight. I know you're jealous, and you should be. Anyways, this weekend, after a miraculous win that Auburn somehow pulled off, I headed to the Ham. Ahh, the feel of my bed, the smell of home-cooked food, and shopping with my very best pals. Perfect weekend until.... oh wait, the power went out and my parents (or mom) freaked out and refused to let me drive to Auburn until I demanded that I come back to Aubs, but luckily for me this happened at 9 pm. Yeah, annoying. So I got in my car and remembered something AWESOME! 

One of my very best friends is going through a break up, so what else would you do besides make a break up cd, right? Yes I know, its the best idea on the planet! And lucky for me, I made it this weekend. So although the cd full of sad, depressing, and angry songs did not apply to me, I popped that cd into my cd drive in my car and jammed for 2 hours straight. Now, you don't realize how much you love that kind of stuff until you don't have it. Seriously, thing I miss most about college; singing in my car. I know it may sound lame, but lets face it, we all do it. And it's not the same without you being in your car, where "no one can see you" even though the whole world and there mom can look through your windows at anytime and watch you singing at the top of your lungs. But something about being in your car, makes you think you're invisible, and I don't know about y'all, but I take full advantage of that and sing shamelessly. Judge me if you want and see if I care, because I literally had the time of my life all alone in my car at 9:42 pm. Oh and to make it WAY better, there's a Krystal's on the way to Auburn, and this girl stopped and got not 1, but 2 corn-pups. Now, judge me again, but for all of you who are judging, you shouldn't judge until you try one. It is literally the best, greasiest, most yummy thing ever. And pretty top notch on the comfort food scale.

So pretty much, I went on a vigorous drive to Auburn, late at night, while listening to a break up cd, and eating comfort food. And I have never been happier. Oh and I forgot to say it was rainy! Wow, you guys, I am really trying to relive it here.

So this morning I woke up, threw on a sweat-shirt and my rain boots and trucked it up to class, to find that class got cancelled. I ran by Starbucks, came home and turned on the christmas lights (it's crazy how much better they make things), and got in my cozy little bed while keeping my socks on. My awesome room-mate picked out a movie and heated me up a Krispy Kreme donut, and we sat and sat. And then, guess what? I popped in my break up cd and am currently going through the ups and downs of it again. Life's good y'all, its real good. Sometimes, we need those days where things may be a little down, to appreciate all the things that are good.

Love your life y'all, even on days like these.

And now I will post you the AWESOME break up cd I have, so you can remake it if you need it, or even if you're like me and don't need it at all.

1. Someone Like You- Adele
2. Cold Front- Amie Miriello
3. Breakable- Ingrid Michaelson
4. Heavy Heart- Madi Diaz
5. Gravity- Sara Bareilles
6. All I Wanted- Paramore
7. Where the Story Ends- The Fray
8. Basket Case- Sara Bareilles
9. Slow Dancing In a Burning Room- John Mayer (covered by Jayme Dee)
10. Skyscraper- Demi Lovato
11. Inventing Shadows- Dia Frampton
12. Keep Breathing- Ingrid Michaelson
13. Feeling Sorry- Paramore
14. Over Me Now?- Gloriana
15. I Can Do Better- Avril Lavigne
16. Best Thing I Never Had- Beyonce
17. Everything You're Not- Demi Lovato
18. He Wasn't- Avril Lavigne
19. Brick By Boring Brick- Paramore
20. Kerosene- Mirana Lambert
21. F You/ Gonna Get Over You- Sara Bareilles