Sunday, July 10, 2011

My life is a country song.

As some of you may know, "farm life" isn't exactly my forte. I am a city girl stuck in a country world. BUT, something came over me yesterday, and I got countryfied. Sometimes simple living is all you need to realize how good you have it. And here in Alabama, we have it pretty darn good. Well, when I say I got "countryfied" I'm totally serious. So cowboy boots and all, I headed down with some friends to Alabaster for an evening in the country. And it. Was. Awesome. We started by hopping on fourwheelers and adventured off into the unknown. Not really, well we didn't really know where we were going, but we had a fearless leader who led us on back roads and trails, allowing us to capture that kind of beauty that you can only really feel while listening to a country song. (hints the title of this post.) But seriously, every good feeling that you get from listening to a country song, I got! And no country song even needed. I lived it, and it was incredible. So I know you are thinking that it can't get any better? But it did.

After an awesome dinner at the awesome home of Kaleb Dillard (who lives in the most beautiful place in the world. I'm talking Pride and Prejudice beautiful) we went line dancing. Yes, like straight out of The Hannah Montana Movie line dancing (yeah, judge me for comparing it to my good friend Miley Cyrus.) It was a night full of laughter, adventure, dancing, friends, and old people. Because old people eat up that line dancing stuff. Like seriously. They love it. To have a good ole' time the way we did, was priceless. You can't have that kind of fun by "having a case of beer and a bottle of whiskey" (wise words from that rando old man at line dancing) But how true is it? I had such a good time, and I mean a REAL good time. So next Saturday night, instead of being lame and sitting in random parking lots, do yourself a favor and find something totally random to do. You'll enjoy it and have plenty of stories to follow, and maybe even a couple of dances under your belt. Yeehaw!