Wednesday, October 12, 2011

In cloud and sunshine, Lord abide with me.

Ah fall. I'm gonna go along right with the crowd and talk about how freaking awesome fall is. It's a time for friends, football, cold weather, cute boots, and yummy flavored coffee. Not to mention that my idealistic artsiness is at a peak in this time of fall. I pretty much love it, and am obsessed with it.

Now, don't get me wrong, I obviously love me some fall, but I really am not a big fan of change,

Example A: I literally cried like a baby for two months straight before coming to college. And it's not because I was scared.

Change is something that you either love, or hate. And I hate it. I like tradition and stability, and stability is something that I feel I can't achieve with change.

While things change every day, My God does not.

Recently I heard the hymn "Abide with me" and the line "In cloud and sunshine//Abide with me" stuck to me like glue. I for some reason think of it constantly throughout the day and couldn't figure out why. Yes it's beautifully written, but why was that one line stuck to head. And then God told me.

"Know therefore that the Lord your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands."
Deuteronomy 7:9

God is so beautiful. And comforting. And faithful. His love for me is overwhelming me even as a write this. Being in college has been nothing what I thought it would be. I thought I was going to love every second, being immersed with meeting new people and trying new things every day. Why would I think such a thing when I just stated that I'm not one to go throw a party for change. I had heard only good things about freshman year. But then I was hit in the face with reality. People are different. Some people strive off all things new, and have a conniption over it. Me, on the other hand, am not one of those people.

Don't get me wrong, college is not all bad. It's just something that takes getting used too. I am learning to love my new home everyday, but things just take time.

But through all these things, God has promised to remain stable and faithful. He watches over me in my joys, defeats, mistakes, celebrations, and through it all he loves me just the same. What a lucky girl I am.

And now, it would only make sense to post a video of someone singing "Abide with me," right? Well, in case y'all didn't know, I don't make sense. So here's another video. Jared Anderson came and sang at my church years ago, and this is the one song he sang. It has forever stuck with me, and has reminded me everyday how great the Lord's love is. So great that a person can be so passionate about it. So passionate that they may chase after Him, through all circumstances.