Sunday, June 19, 2011

Gary.

It's father's day, so I figured tribute to da fathers out there?

But seriously, my dad is the bomb.com. And I am not kidding. He seriously is the coolest.

Music.
My dad taught me so much about music (aka my favorite thing like in this world.) As a child he would sing me to sleep almost every night. He introduced me to the truly skillful singer/ song-writers that could never be replaced. My music taste has come completely from him, and for that I am insanely thankful!

Food.
Okay, when I say that me and my dad appreciate food, I am not kidding. We really love us some good grub. We are often fascinated at how beautifully food is arranged and foods ability to be so skillfully made that you can taste every single flavor in them. We are a big food family. And he can seriously make the best pancakes on this planet. Wanna challenge that statement? Well, I accept the challenge completely and you will regret making that challenge once you have a bite of his delicious, crispy around the edges, buttery pancakes. So good you don't even need syrup (but I mean syrup makes them even better) but it isn't even necessary.

Humor.
Okay my dad is freaking hilarious. And I mean Hi-Lar-I-Ous. Like laugh-out-loud funny. Now of course there are times where I laugh at him rather than with him, but that's exactly what I love! He taught me how to laugh at myself. Seriously, this man laughs at his own jokes before he can even finish them. I love this light- heartedness factor about him. He is no way intimidating at all. So if you feel intimidated by him, just don't. But honestly, I don't know anyone that is at all. He's pretty much a goober, and who doesn't love a good goober?


So there's like 4371846729 more awesome things about him, but there is just to many to write. (cliche, huh?) but it's true. Anyways, I love my dad.  And yes, me and my dad have some songs that we both really enjoy and below is one of the first that we both truly loved. I know you see it. Yeah, you've probably heard it from The Dixie Chicks or on gLee or something. But that right there is the real deal. A little fleetwood mac up in here! Which includes the fabulous Stevie Nicks, whom I want to name my daughter after (yeah, I wanna name my daughter Stevie. Pretty BA). So enjoy some real music for a change and watch that.

and now a cover because I am sucker for covers... and for random people on youtube who are not famous so here ya go.

Ohhh yeah, and he taught me this,
WAR EAGLE!